Saturday 31 October 2009

I had kids knocking on my door...

... Halloween! One little girl was dressed like a pumpkin, and im probably going to have dreams of me eating her tonight. Her [Im guessing] Brother was dressed as Batman, and he'll probably be in my dream too- attempting to save her or something.

Anyway thats besides the point. I am [not really] ashamed to admit that I really do not know what the purpose of Halloween is [apart from spooking/annoying/begging from your neighbors]. So I asked google and here is what I got:

"Halloween started by the name Samhain for a Pagan festival for the Celts of Ireland and Great Britain."
 Notice: Pagan festival. OMG What is it with all these pagan festivals [Halloween & Christmas]? These going out and dressing like that are mostly Christians, not Pagans :/ Same with Christmas. Do not laugh at me If I start coming up with a conspiracy theory about this all. It really is quite suspicious

Brace yourselves, here's what I also found out:

"Afterwards people from Scottish, Welsh and English carried some versions of the tradition to North America. other western countries have celebrated the holiday as a part of American pop culture."
Lol why am I not surprised to hear this.

Enough said about Halloween...I doubt 1% of those going out 'trick or treating' know the purpose of it. And I bet it only goes on because supermarkets profit oh-so-much from it.

Smiley.

No comments:

Post a Comment