Friday 30 October 2009

I need to stick my head into a book

I'm going to fail ever being a doctor if I don't buckle up and do some reading and writing...


& No, that revelation didnt JUST come down on me. I've always known it. Always said it. Always felt it. But hardly ever done anything about it- other than making a few [useless] timetables which I never stick to.


Boo to me!


Ok so now that im typing it on the white screen infront of me, I thought I might as well add something useful to this post because I don't want my blog to be as useless as my life.


I have come up with a list of  3  reasons as to why I  [and all Muslim young women/girls/ladies] should work hard:


1- We're muslims. Failing education and sitting at home receiving benefits is not only uncool; but its also HARAM. 


2-We're women. Yes one day we'll have a huge family to look after or something [InshaAllah], but an educated clever mummy is the biggest gift you could give to your child. Educate a man and you've educated an individual. EDUCATE A WOMAN AND YOU'VE EDUCATED A NATION.


3 - We're Muslim Women. With all this rubbish going around that we are 'oppressed' and 'stupid' and whatever, the least we could do to defend our religion and ourselves is to be the WALKING TALKING LIVE EXAMPLES of the exact opposite! So get up and show them that Hijab is freedom. That YOU & I are a geniuses.
[Idk if geniuses is even a word, but sack that: we'll make our own bloody dictionary because we can do anything, InshaAllah]


You may think 3 reasons is not enough to persuade anyone. But believe me, read these three reasons very well: until the words cut so hard that you're cringing.


I'm off to study. Like NOW InshaAllah.


Smile

1 comment:

  1. LOL and i'm gng to fail ever being a teacher if I don't start working on my lesson plans - speaking about reading; i need to start reading myself BEFORE i even try encouraging my students to read. tsk.

    Killer.

    ReplyDelete